Midweek: Wednesday, May 11th, 2022


Midweek 5/11/22


IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Calling All Greeters!
  • Empty? Lord, Fill Our Cup
  • Birthday & Anniversary Greetings

“. . . that we may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith, both yours and mine.” Romans 1:11






Music
: Choir Rehearsals to prepare to sing on Sunday, June 5th-Pastor Je's 1st Sunday, as well as Pentecost, will be in the Sanctuary at 7pm on:

Thursday, May 12th
TUESDAY, May 17th and
Thursday, June 2nd

We are joining Central Christian Church again for Worship in the Park on Sunday, June 26th!-time TBD. CCC will choose the anthem for us to sing together for anyone who wishes to sing, so more rehearsals will be at 7pm on:

Thursday, June 9th and
Thursday, June 16th
and possibly at CCC on Wednesday, June 22nd time TBA.
(Jennie will not be at Worship in the Park as they will be in Lexington for Edward Jones Annual Regional Meeting from 6/23-6/26.)

Choir will then be on hiatus until at least Labor Day & until Pastor Je has had more opportunities to worship with us, meet with the Worship Team, and determine what his needs and wishes are for the choir.


Lisa Erwin is Retiring as Director of PPM: Please come celebrate her and her contributions to PPM: Sunday May 22nd from 4-6pm at the church.




Softball Info! I have some more information about softball. The league will run for 8 weeks. Teams can submit rosters of up to 20 players. . . . Ahem, we do not have that many so far. We need to submit info by June 1st. There’s still time, folks! Please contact Gretel in the office if you would like to be a part of the Co-Ed Softball League the Lebanon Parks Department is arranging for the summer season.


Graduates: Do you have someone in your family graduating this year from high school, college, or beyond? Please share with us the following information, so we can celebrate together this wonderful accomplishment. Finishing anything is significant, but finishing an academic career is extraordinary – we want to be sure you and your family know we are proud of you/them and your/their achievements. Please email: jenniewoods1966@gmailcom. Information needed:

  • Full name of graduate
  • Where they are graduating from (i.e.name of school)
  • What they are graduating with (i.e. what degree – bachelors, masters, doctorate, etc. & focus of study – optional)
  • Post-Graduate plans (i.e. college, graduate work, job, missions, etc.)


Calling all Greeters! Calling all Greeters! We need help? Can you help in May or June? Contact Gretel in the office and she will put your name on the list: Gretel@lebanonfpc.org or (765)482-5959


Have you ever felt empty, in need of a refill? I once worked as a server in a tea room. It was an important part of my job to keep an eye on the cups at each patron’s place. Whether iced tea or iced water, or hot tea or coffee, I needed to keep their cups from running empty. The Lord keeps an eye on our cup. Psalm 23 says, “My cup runneth over.” (v.5) It can feel sometimes like our cup has sprung a leak and functions more like a drain than a receptacle to hold anything. Are you familiar with the children’s song that says, “There’s a hole in the bucket, Eliza, Eliza; There’s a hole in the bucket, Eliza, A hole.” Do you feel like you could sing the song: “There’s a hole in my teacup, dear Lord, dear Lord; There’s a hole in my teacup, dear Lord, a hole!” 

The Lord promises to be our Keeper and to preserve our soul (Psalm 121: 4.7); to go behind us and before us (Psalm 139:5); and to protect us as our shield and buckler (Psalm 91:4). He is our Supply. In a bible study recently I was asked the question: what symbol could I bring to mind when I am feeling empty? The image I have is of a teacup full of tea sitting in its saucer. How is this significant? There is a tiny hole in the side of the cup. How does the teacup hold its tea if there is a hole? Shouldn’t it be empty? Yet still this teacup is full of tea. There is something beyond this teacup which completes it. The scar is still visible, you can see the hole: but it continues to serve. It nourishes, it soothes, it encourages, despite the scar, despite the hole. The hole does not deplete the cup’s purpose or impede its ability to be a blessing, for something else completes the cup and makes up the difference. This symbol reminds me that, though I may feel empty, and though I am unable to refill my cup myself, the Lord fills my cup.


The Lord is my Supply. The Lord never runs out. The Lord is always available. I can turn to Him at any time, for any reason, and He is faithful to provide above and beyond what I need. The second verse of the children’s song I referred to earlier has Eliza responding to her husband’s concern for the hole in the bucket. She says, “Then fill it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry; then fill it, dear Henry, dear Henry, then fill it!” Let us sing, “So fill me, dear Lord, dear Lord, dear Lord; So fill me, dear Lord, dear Lord, so fill me!”


“Happy Birthday to you! We celebrate with you! We love you, and we know God loves you too!” Ethan Miller: May 13th; Todd Meyer: May 16th. 






Happy Anniversary to Allen and Jennie Woods: May 14th!





Interested in joining the prayer chain? Contact Phyllis Duff at (765)482-1485/ raduff2@att.net. The following prayer is taken from the hymn “Fill My Cup, Lord” by Richard Blanchard.

Dear Heavenly Father,

“Like the woman at the well, I was seeking for things that could not satisfy; and then I heard my Savior speaking, ‘Draw from My well that never shall run dry.’ Fill my cup, Lord, I lift it up, Lord! Come and quench this thirsting of my soul; Bread of Heaven, feed me ‘til I want no more – Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole! There are millions in this world who are craving the pleasure earthly things afford; but none can match the wondrous treasure that I find in Jesus Christ my Lord. Fill my cup, Lord, I lift it up, Lord! Come and quench this thirsting of my soul; Bread of Heaven, feed me ‘til I want no more – Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!” In Jesus’s precious name we pray and praise, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Original Sin

Sola Gratia (By Grace Alone)

Two Leaders