Midweek: Wednesday, July 20th, 2022

 

Midweek 7/20/22


IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Your Contact Information
  • Birthdays & Anniversaries
  • Prayers are welcome
  • Worship Planning Team Meeting!
  • Church Website Renovation
  • Our Pilgrimage With the Lord



Wherever we go on our journeys, may
we never leave the Lord behind.

“. . . that we may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith, both yours and mine.” Romans 1:12


Your contact information
: Contact information continues to come in. Good job and thank you! For those who have not filled out the contact form to update your information, please do so and return to the church office: Gretel@lebanonfpc.org or 128 E. Main St. Lebanon, IN 46052 Didn’t get a form? Need to know what is needed? See the following:

Name/ Member: yes or no / Phone #s / email address / Postal address / family members in your household / birthdays and anniversary date if applicable / family members in church body and their relation to you


“Happy Birthday to you! We celebrate with you!
Please know that we love you, and God loves you too!”

Happy birthday to: Toby Meyer ( missed last week – so sorry!) 7/19; Terri Thorn 7/24; Ginny Hussong 7/24



Prayers are welcome
: Please continue to keep the FPC church family in prayer, especially: Carolyn Dunham and her family. Casey and Craig Reynolds and their family. Keep Margi McConnaha and her husband in prayer for safe travels and ease in a recent transition. They will be staying with family in Ohio for a bit, while work is done on her home. A major leak was found and is being fixed. Please continue to keep Pastor Je, Hannah, and Samuel Lee in your prayers as they continue to transition to life here in Boone County. “The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16b)


Worship Planning Team Meeting
! There is a worship planning team meeting on Friday, July 22nd, at 10am in the church library. They will be discussing ideas and suggestions to improve the worship experience for everyone at FPC. Interested in joining the group? Contact Pastor Je, je@lebanonfpc.org or Lisa Hutcheson, lisahutcheson@yahoo.com.





Church Website Renovation
: We will be renewing the church website. If you want to help (with ideas and suggestions), please come and join the team. Contact Pastor Je, je@lebanonfpc.org, or Neal, neal@lebanonfpc.org for more detail.





Our Pilgrimage With the Lord
. “Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: where thou diest, I will die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me,” Ruth 1:16,17, KJV. The following piece was written with the above scripture passage from Ruth in mind. Ruth spoke directly to Naomi. The following piece is written as if the speaker is talking to the Lord, renewing their commitment to the Lord. We can take comfort knowing the Lord has already promised to never leave us nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5).


    “You may ask me to leave my friends and family, room with strangers in a foreign land, but, Lord, entreat me not to leave thee. You may ask me to leave my home and everything that is familiar, to forever wander this earth, but, Lord, entreat me not to leave thee. You may ask me to leave my health and live a life of pain, my body wrack and ruin; You may ask me to leave my dreams, my aspiring hopes for the future, but, Lord, entreat me not to leave thee. You may ask me to leave my children in Your care, Trusting the roots I give them and watching them fly with the wings You give them, but, Lord, entreat me not to leave thee. You may ask me to leave my concerns for tomorrow in Your hands, trusting You one day at a time; You may ask me to leave my fears, die to myself, and live by faith. You will ask me to leave my sin, forsake all else, and follow You.


    Lord, You are my boat, my sail, my rudder, and I will drown without You. You are the calm in the storm; You are a slow, steady walk in the midst of a whirlwind; without you, I spin out of control. You are as the song bird that wakes me in the morning to a fresh new day and the crickets whose lullaby settles me to sleep at night. Without You, I don’t know darkness from light. You are my guide through twists and turns and the maze of the masses down here below. Without You, I don’t know if I am coming or going.


    When I reach for the hand You hold out to me, I see the indelible marks of Your love for me. I am Yours. Without You, I belong to no one. When I look to Your feet, to follow in the way, I see the imprint of the sacrifice You paid for me. With You, I have life; without You, I am only dust. You are the Lord Jesus Christ who shed Your blood to cover my sins, that I may be set free. Without You, I am lost.


    Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after Thee. For whither You go, I will go, and where You lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, and You shall be my God. Not even death can part Thee from me.” Amen.



    Have you made such a commitment to the Lord? How has He honored that commitment? What has your life looked like before and after that commitment? The Lord Jesus Christ made a commitment to us. What did that commitment look like for him? His body broken, bruised and bloodied hanging on a Roman cross. What did it look like for us after that commitment? A risen Lord, an empty tomb, and Jesus Christ seated at the right hand of the Heavenly Father.



Interested in joining the prayer chain? Contact Phyllis Duff at (765)482-1485/ raduff2@att.net. The following prayer is taken from the worship song You Are My All in All, by Dennis Jernigan

Heavenly Father,
You are my strength when I am weak you are the treasure that I seek; you are my all in all.
When I fall down, you pick me up; when I am dry, you fill my cup; you are my all in all.
Jesus, Lam of God, worthy is your name!
Jesus, Lamb of God, worthy is your name!            Hallelujah. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Original Sin

Two Leaders

Why Keep Sabbath? Week Two: Because Worrying is Overrated (Sunday, July 9th, 2017)