Midweek: Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022

 

Midweek 8/3/22

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Your Contact Information
  • Lord’s Prayer song link
  • Communion Sunday
  • Birthdays & Anniversaries
  • Prayers are welcome
  • Faith Circle August 10th
  • Time to Move
  • PPM Summer Break
  • Church Website Renovation
  • His Anchor Holds

“. . . that we may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith, both yours and mine.” Romans 1:12


Your contact information: Thank you for sending in your contact information. If you have not sent it in yet, please send to the office: Gretel@lebanonfpc.org or 128 E. Main St. Lebanon, IN 46052. Needed: Name/ Member: yes or no / Phone #s / email address / Postal address / family members in your household / birthdays and anniversary date if applicable / family members in church body and their relation to you.


Lord’s Prayer Song Link: We will be singing the Lord's Prayer during the service. Please visit the following YouTube video if you wish to become more comfortable with the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ZWyB-Zwas


Communion Sunday is this coming Sunday. When the Lord Jesus Christ gathered with his disciples for the last supper He would share with them before His crucifixion, He “took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.” (Luke 22:19 KJV) He went on and “likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood which is shed for you.” (Luke 22:20 KJV) This coming Sunday is an opportunity to remember what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross and the new covenant made possible for us because of His sacrifice. Come, partake, and be blessed.

“Happy Birthday to you! We celebrate with you! Know that we love you, and God loves you too!”

Happy birthday to: Anneliese Wolfgang (8/5) and Emily Wolfgang (8/6)!



Prayers are welcome: Please continue to keep the FPC church family in prayer, especially: Carolyn Dunham and her family; Casey and Craig Reynolds and their family; Nancy Williams; Janet Gregg; Pastor Je, Hannah, and Samuel Lee. “The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16b)


Faith Circle August 10th: The next Faith Circle meeting is next Wednesday, August 10 th. Faith Circle is a group of ladies who meet for prayer, Bible study and fellowship. They meet in the church library at 1:30. Contact Gretel in the office or Phyllis Duff for questions, (765)482-1485; raduff2@att.net


Time to Move: Pastor Je will be taking vacation time in August, from the 15th through the 28th, for packing, moving and settling into their new home. Their move-in date is Saturday, August 20th. The Lee’s new address will be 2456 Point Rd, Lebanon, IN 46052. Gretel will be in the office during this time. If you have any questions, feel free to pass them on to Gretel. Thank you for sharing your support for Pastor Je and his family.



PPM Summer Break: Summer Break for PPM is August 1-12. The new year will begin on August 15th. However, absence of children does not mean absence of activity: Renovations are going on in the preschool classrooms. The teachers and staff are also in and out preparing for the new year.

Church Website Renovation: We are renewing the church website. Want to help with ideas and suggestions? Contact Pastor Je, je@lebanonfpc.org, or Neal, neal@lebanonfpc.org for more details. 



His Anchor Holds. I have stood at the end of a breakwater and watched as mounting waves rushed towards me. I have stood on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean and seen the sun gently set on the horizon, its golden rays sinking into the sea as dusk painted its colors across the sky. I have felt the soothing rocking of a sailboat on a calm day and the sudden lurching of a large ship caught in a growing storm. I have witnessed God’s wondrous handiwork in wind and wave with a loved one by my side. I have also experienced the ocean’s majesty when the Lord was my only company, and my view and my time was one of private, precious worship. Through all the seasons of life, His anchor holds. When fast within His grip I place myself, my circumstances, and my current situation, be it brewing storm or sustained calm, His anchor holds me secure. Do you know this anchor? Has it held you? Does it hold you now? Is there someone in your life whom you have watched stand safe and secure within the tempest’s blast because Christ’s anchor held them? Let us thank God for such witnesses to His enduring faithfulness and His sustaining, enriching love. Let us pledge ourselves again to our Lord, trusting Him to steer through the storm and to hold us steady.

Interested in joining the prayer chain? Contact Phyllis Duff at (765)482-1485/ raduff2@att.net. The following prayer is taken from the hymn “My Anchor Holds”, by W.C. Martin (19th century). 


Dear Heavenly Father, “Tho the angry surges roll on my tempest-driven soul, I am peaceful for I know, 

Wildly tho the winds may blow, I’ve an anchor safe and sure that can evermore endure. 

Mighty tides about me sweep, perils lurk within the deep, angry clouds o’er shade the sky 

And the temptest rises high; still I stand the tempest’s shock, for my anchor grips the Rock.

I can feel the anchor fast as I meet each sudden blast, and the cable, tho unseen,

Bears the heavy strain between; thru the storm I safely rid till the turning of the tide.

Troubles almost ‘whelm the soul, griefs like billows o’er me roll, tempters seek to lure astray,

Storms obscure the light of day: but in Christ I can be bold – I’ve an anchor that shall hold.

And it holds, my anchor holds!

Blow your wildest, then, O gale,on my bark so small and frail:

By His grace I shall not fail, for my anchor holds, my anchor holds.”

“We who have taken refuge might be strongly encouraged to seize the hope set before us. We have this hope, a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul. . .” Hebrews 6:18b, 19a (NRSV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Original Sin

Two Leaders

Why Keep Sabbath? Week Two: Because Worrying is Overrated (Sunday, July 9th, 2017)